I started this purse a little over a month ago, then put it to the side and worked on other things...I found it in the spring issue of Quilts and more. It really wasn't hard to put together at all, I was just undecided about adding another fabric, which I decided against in the end. The front is paper pieced, not part of the pattern in the magazine...that was my creation. The back and lining are in the red star fabric, and a small pocket inside is in the blue. the buttoned flap closure is a decoy, it really has a magnetic snap closure underneath the button. It is a very nice design, small...but big enough for a retired person...since she doesn't have to take all her work tools, reading materials, and lunch in it, like I do using my Birdie Sling (tote size) purse. This is a gift for Kim for her retirement. I am giving it to her Sunday. I hope she likes it as much as Joann's purse, and Sharon's quilt. I know I can't compete with them...I am just an amateur.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
BEAUTIFUL =)
That doesn't look amateur to me!
And, now that I look more closely, that purse would go nicely with my shirt (the one I have on). And, I am retired too, so I need a small purse! Can you make another one for me.
Candi you shouldn't insult yourself like that. I love my purse. And I love that you create it just for me. You are not an amateur. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment