Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I WIN!




Candi and I started working on new purses while I was staying with her last week. By the end of the week we kinda ran outta steam (after we made Valentines gifts for our handsome grooms) So we challenged each other to finish our purses when I left. I finished mine today.

I made a couple of improvements/alterations to the original pattern, I added a magnetic snap to the top of the handle and I put one of the pockets on the inside.

I thought this was going to be an easy quick thing to do and ended up being a little more involved than I expected. It is far from perfect, but I love it!

Candi hurry up and finish yours!

4 comments:

Candi said...

You learned to sew your curve! Neautiful. I will finish mine today, and post it. Great job! Are you carrying it yet?

Sharon said...

Oh, I love it, Kim. Let me know how the magnetic snaps work out for you, I used one on a purse and I wasn't all that happy with it.

Kim said...

I have used several purses with magnetic snaps. They are a little annoying sometimes, but I would rather have it closed than have my purse just flop open.

Yes Candi I sewed on a curved. It wasn't near a hard as I thought.
And I ma carrying it!

Trish said...

It looks great, Kim! Beautiful work =)