
I just finished this dress for my chiropractor's daughter's birthday. His wife commissioned me to make her something with ladybugs on it, then never communicated what she wanted. She didn't even have time to look at embroidery websites, patterns or fabric. She did send me a invitation so that I could copy the ladybug on an embroidery project. The ladybug on the bib is the one JoAnn digitized for me. But again, I had no idea what she wanted me to embroider it on. I just happened to already have this fabric, and thought the ladybugs were about as perfect as they could be. The party is Saturday, and I just decided if she doesn't like it, I will give it to Maggie. I am half tempted to anyways. I worked hard on this and I have no idea if she even wants it.
OK, so, since I began posting this, I got an email from her that she only wants a bib.....guess Maggie gets the dress. I will never do this again.

4 comments:
I would be a little miffed over the whole thing, but the GOOD news is that Maggie will look sew cute in it.
You should have told her about the dress and offered to sell it to her for $100. If she said no, you wouldn't be out, but if she said okay, you would be $100 richer.
Now, if you give the dress to Maggie, you will have to make another for Roxanna.
Did you get the dress pattern from that Amy Butler book?
I got the dress pattern at the show we went to at the IX center. I LOVE it. I will make Roxanna one also, but I won't be able to make it in the same fabric. I have had this fabric for years and can't find it anymore. When I said I will never do this again, I meant that I will never tell someone I can do something in two weeks time and keep the deal even when the person who asks me to do it won't respond to my emails, or make any attempt to keep in touch. I did not mean I will never do this pattern again. I guess I assumed she was giving me creative freedom, to be honest...that sounds dumb hindsite, doesn't it?
Its adorable, Mom. =)
Post a Comment