Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hi all, Thanks for inviting me. I just read all the posts. Sounds like this will be a good way for us to keep in touch.
Sharon, your quilts are beautiful. One day maybe you can show mw how to take photos of my projects and then put them on here.
I have been making purses again. So far I have purple quilted one, a red prin quilted, and a solid black, the fabric is kinda like velvet. I also have one that is made of home decor fabric. I've been experimenting with different ways to finish the top edges. And Yeah, I finally figured out how to make the zippered pocket on the lining to be flat like the store bought ones.
Looking forward to hearing what everyone is doing.
Joann

4 comments:

Kim said...

Joann I am glad that you joined us! I didn't know that you were making purses. Sharon you really need to show Joann how to put pictures on here. It is pretty simple Joann. I can't wait to see your purses in person. Would you consider making me a small red one to carry at James and Tiff's wedding?

Joann said...

Be happy to. It only takes about a day and a half to make a small one. So maybe when you get here we can find some fabric that you like and get 'er done. You are going to be here for a few days before the wedding aren't you?

Sharon said...

Joann, it is sew easy to post pictures. I will come up to your house some time in February - perhaps the 16th since I will be in Richfield that day - and I'll show you how to do it, and you and I will post some of your purses.

I'll be glad when somebody besides me posts some projects. And speaking of purses, I just made a new one. Candi and I took a class together to make it. I'll post it tonight.

Kim said...

Oh yes, I will be there about 2 weeks before. At least that is the plan right now. That sounds great. I am planning on wearing a red dress to the wedding and would like a purse to got with it.