It's tough taking a good picture of a large quilt. This quilt is 85 by 100, and I did it for a customer. I was working at the Touch of Thread Quilt Gallery, where I "work" every Tuesday, and this man walks in with a bag of blocks and asks if anybody can finish this quilt for him. His wife was making it for her son and she died before she finished it. I took on the job.
It was my job to sew the blocks together, put on borders, quilt and then put binding on. I loved working on this quilt. It seems to have a good spirit, it was one of those quilts where nothing goes wrong from start to finish. I hope he likes it.
2 comments:
You have a good heart, Sharon, and I know this quilt will mean alot to the young man who's mother passed away for someone to have taken such care in finishing it.
I was excited to see this posted. I love it! I am sure that this quilt will be cherished for a very long time.
Post a Comment