Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting crafty with pasta



Over the last couple of years food has become another way for me to become creative. Today I used the pasta machine that Mom got for me for Christmas to get creative. I made sheets of pasta dough, put fresh parsley leaves in between two sheets and then put those two sheets through the machine another time or two. It resulted in some ravioli (filling with ricotta, parmesan, spinach and chicken) that was VERY appealing to the eye. I put a simple sauce of melted sweet cream butter and oregano over it. It was as delicious!

3 comments:

Candi said...

Before I read it..I thought you made some kind of edible stamp ink, and stamped it with Christmas tree stamps. Hahaha....that is cute, you could probably experiment with other stuff...like carrot shreds, or very thinly sliced mushrooms? You need to make us something yummy at our party...but make it before, so you can sew while you are here.

Sharon said...

I made homemade ravioli ONCE, when I was about your age, Trish. I do remember that it was delicious, but I never made it again, LOL.

Another thing you can try making is tortellini. Paul and I tried it recently, and we really love it. You can buy it frozen, and it's wonderful, but homemade it might go off the chart of deliciousness.

Trish said...

I am going to bring my pasta machine with me for the weekend at Mom's house. =) Nothing is ever better than fresh pasta!