Monday, April 13, 2009

My First long arm quilt


This is the first quilt I pieced totally on the long arm. It is also my first original design, although I sort of copied from the American Flag. I call it "Country Flag" I am going to use it as a symbol that my shop is open. When my shop opens, I will not have certain hours of being open, as that would negate the whole idea of being retired! Sew, I'm going to hang this quilt out on the fence whenever I'm in the shop to let people know they can stop in. My customers will know that if the flag is flying I'm in, if it isn't I'm not.


I'm thinking of appliqueing the word "OPEN" on it, but I haven't decided yet.

3 comments:

Candi said...

KNEET IDEE-YA!

Kim said...

Good idea Sharon, but make sure you put somekind of waterproofing on it before you hang it out in any bad weather. I love your pattern.

Trish said...

I love it!!! It is beautiful. =)