With three grandchildren on the way, I decided to invest in some juvenile embroidery designs...this is a Dakota Collections CD, called Bedtime Critters. They are six inch blocks...I am going to put blocks made of quarter square triangles in between them...green and white. I am going to make one to take to our first craft show also...and see how it goes.
I also finished Elizabeths diaper bag....it turned out very nice! Here is a picture of my pregnany daughters! Elizabeth is showing off her bag. Alot of the fabric is duplicated...I bought alot of it.
11 comments:
Candi,
Those embroidery designs are CUTE!!!
Candi I have some other Dakota Patterns you might like. I am going to see if the CD will copy and if it does I will send it to you.
Fun, Mom! I really love the rhino. We are going to have SO MUCH FUN making stuff for all of these babies!!!
I would love more patterns...I have seen so many cute ones, but try to be sensible about buying the ones I will use over and over...I am definitely going to get a butterfly collection..I have had several people ask if I had butterfly patterns, so I am pretty sure that if I ask for a small fee for embroidering for them, the program will be paid for, or at least partially.
Candi,
These versions of the animals are really, really cute. (Better then the monkey with yellow/tan feet!) I think you have it down. I love the monkey. I like how the monkey and rabbit match since the rabbit is wearing the monkey-background pjs.
Do you have plans for how you are going to use them?
I can't wait to put my overalls together. When I finish them, I will post them. But my next project is painting the nursery...yay! I get to start tomorrow!
This quilt is for Jay and Adraine Thome's grandson, who is already born...so I have to hurry...I am sure I will make one for each of my grandchildren too, since that is why I bought the software! I am using this giveaway one for practice...to work out the glitches and colors for each of them. I really love these patterns!
Have you checked out any of the embroidery websites? they always have some for free. Check embroidery.com and annthegran.com I got alot of my designs for free just checking websites every week or so for the new ones. And they put seasonal ones out for free also!
This is my favorite website for embloidery designs. She creates nice designs, and lots of times has freebies and 19 cent specials. You also get a free design on your birthday if you register.
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx
Oh I forgot all about embroidery library! Yes that is another great place to get free and reasonably priced designs.
I will check my other computer for the other sites I visit and let you know.
Oh I should mention that Ann the Gran is like a forum for machine embroiderers. And all of the designs are contributed by amateur ( and few pro) digitizers to share. Some are not so good even though the picture looks good. But they are FREE. So my advice is to stitch any pattern you get from that site on scrap before using it on a project.
Thanks for the input...I love you guys!
Post a Comment