Saturday, September 5, 2009

Who Cooks for You?




Here is my latest quilt creation. I stitched out the leaves and owls with my computerized machine, then free motioned the "thread painting" on the owls, and appliqued the fabric on to make the leaves using the computer again. Sound confusing? Well, I'm a bit confused too.




Anyway, this is a quilt I made in response to a challenge. Our machine quilting club was challenged to do a "whole cloth" quilt. You have to start with one piece of cloth, and make the entire quilt on the longarm. No piecing. We decided that applique was acceptable, as long as you did it on the longarm. Sew, this is my challenge quilt. I am showing a picture of the whole quilt, and a close up of one of the owls.


5 comments:

Kim said...

You are going to win the challenge.

Trish said...

I agree. This is awesome! I love the owls. Thanks for sharing, Sharon!

Kim said...

Sew, did you win?

Sharon said...

It was not a competitive challenge, but I got a lot of compliments on it. Tonight I'm taking it to my quilt guild meeting, the "Who Cooks for You Quilt Guild".

Candi said...

Its amazing....even more so in person.