Sunday, December 6, 2009

Scrappy Sewing Tote


I made this sewing tote and stuffed it with quilting notions that were 50% off last week (PLUS there was an additional 20% off total purchase coupon!!!!) and 99 cent Butterick patterns for Trisha for Christmas...she already saw the gift bag, I am not wrapping it...this was actually pretty simple to make, the strip pieced pockets took more time than anything else. It is made with scraps from previous projects...I LOVE it! I am skimping for Christmas...making all my gifts...I still have not recieved any compensation for my most recent injury, I finally hired an attorney...wish me luck.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I like the bag. If Trish doesn't want it send it to me :) Oh and good luck with the lawyer. This is all BS

Trish said...

I LOVE THE BAG! See that? Kims tryin to snatch my bag. (just kidding , Kim.)

Sharon said...

Why do we call it "skimping" when we make all our gifts? It isn't skimping! It's a lot of work to make stuff, and the quality is a thousand times better. In the prairie days, homemade gifts were cherished. Today they should be even more so because of the time involved that most modern people are not willing to invest!

Candi said...

I don't know why I called it skimping, except that I have used up alot of scraps, and bought bargain fabric, and stuff to put inside of the bag. I have cut my cost down alot, and I have the time now to spend....more than I have money.

Trish said...

agreed. Its not skimping at all. I love handmade gifts. One of my favorite gifts I ever got... Randy's mom knitted me a blanket a few years ago that I LOVE. Knowing how much time she put into it means a lot to me.