Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Giant Diaper Bag


















Be sure to click on and enlargen these pictures. I just finished this "Modern Diaper Bag" from a book by Amy Butler entitled "Little Stitches for Little Ones". I saw the book at Sharon's and asked for it for Christmas.

My chiropractor, who has become a good friend, recently found out she is pregnant with twins after lengthy fertility treatments were feared unsuccessful. She is 30 years old...and happy as a lark about being pregnant. I took Maggie to visit her a few months ago so she could get Dr. Katie's "mommy hormones" to release...a few weeks later she was pregnant!
Anyways, I will probably not repeat this bag. It was alot of work. I embroidered on the front "Like Two Birds of a Feather We Flock Together" I thought it was appropriate. It is huge, so I think it will be a nice hospital bag for her to take when she has the babies....

I got the CHEEP TALK fabric from a magazine I got in the mail from Connecting Threads...I got a free yeard of fabric, and bought some pretty nice thread in bulk.




9 comments:

Kim said...

Candi that bag is adorable! Kinda makes me wish I was having a baby. (NOT!)
Kim

Candi said...

I think it would be a neat beach bag...personally

Sharon said...

Wow! That is AWESOME! Where did you get the bird embroidery designs?

Candi said...

I got it off embroiderydesisgns.com I think...one of the three sites I frequent. If you want it I will send it to you.

Kim said...

What, pirate embroidery designs! Tell me it isn't sew!

Candi said...

I paid for it...sew, it aint pirate!

Sharon said...

Actually, if you give it to me, that is the piracy part. I sometimes use other people's stuff, but in reality I try to stick with buying the things I want. The people who create these designs deserve to be paid for their work just like the rest of us deserve to be paid for whatever we do.

Trish said...

I LOVE this diaper bag! I know she will love it. =)

Candi said...

Hey...how did my diaper bag get on the right side of the site? What happened to your Underground Railroad Quilt that was always there, Sharon?