Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kitty House and Scratch Post

While on break in December, James had the urge to build something.  Our kitty has been without a proper scratching post because of me not wanting to spend the money on a nice, tall one.  This led James to draw out some plans for a cat house and post.  Using a remnant piece of carpeting, a few pieces of wood and other supplies from Lowe's, plus our neighbor's saw, you can see the masterpiece he built in only a few short hours:


The neighbor got into the project and had some leftover trim.  He thought it should be stained but I wanted a bright house.


I did the painting.  The yellow is the color I just painted our guest room.



Front of the house (that is a birdhouse to the left and bird on her name plate)



Finished project.  There is a toy on a string hanging under the post.  It's her favorite springy toy.


Eve loves her new house that she's the queen of.  James did a wonderful job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats freaking PAWsome.....she is a pretty little princess kitty too.

Sharon said...

Wow, I love it! A Cat House for a Lady of the EVEning!

Kim said...

I have already seen this via Skype, but the pictures are much clearer. You guys did an awesome job and this and I can tell that Eve is the queen of her CATsel.

Trish said...

That is sooooo cool! I bet any kitty would be thrilled to have such a house. How lucky she is. =) Great work!

Candi said...

LOVE IT, TIFFANY! great job, James....you sure you aren't studying carpentry?