Saturday, March 13, 2010

baby quilt




Okay so a friend of mine from Verizon Wireless is getting ready to have a baby. She is having a boy and told me a lot of what she had picked out was sage green, baby blue and brown but she didnt have any specific theme for her baby. Jenn is a very earthy person so while looking for fabrics to make her a quilt I decided up on using batiks because not only are they a soft fabric but they also make me think of earth. I used bold blue, green and brown tones and to tie in the baby blue flannel on the back I used a baby blue batik border. Because I dont have an awesome quilt machine like sharons I quilted my own stitch in a ditch which I think turned out really good. whatcha all think?

6 comments:

Kim said...

It is hard to see in the picture, but Krisha is really getting talented with her little sewing machine. To think 6 months ago she hadn't even taken it out of the box!

Candi said...

Krisha, you are becoming quite the quilter! This is absolutely beautiful! Did you make your own pattern?

Sharon said...

VERY AWESOME, Krisha!

Candi said...

Sharon didn't like my chair... :(

Anonymous said...

Candi.....yes I made my own pattern. Thank you everyone.

Trish said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!