Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another work in progress


I am working an a million dollar sweatshirt here. It cost me $1000 for the embroidery machine, $80 for private lessons, about 15 hours of time so far, one ruined shirt, and tons of thread....but I wanted a hirt with all my grandkids names on it....i learned the mega hoop, and did the lettering with it, but decided due to the complexity of the pumpkin kids, I would do them on denim, and sew the patches on, sew I don't ruin another sweatshirt...while I am learning. I will have it done today, but I got impatient and wanted to see how the patch would look sewes on with an autumn varigated thread in a leave stitch pattern. Like it? I am embroidering Roxanna now.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I like the stitching around the outside. And where did you get those adorable little pumpkin people?

Sharon said...

Is that all you ever do is sew anymore?

Candi said...

Yes....all I do is sew and go to the doctor....The pumpkin people.(I forgot to add in my calculations)...were $5 each on embroiderydesign.com. If anyone wants to share them with me....I will only charge $3 each. Hahaha.

Sharon said...

How many different ones did you get?

Sharon said...

I guess I'm just dumb. I cannot figure out how to get to the designs on that website.

Candi said...

I got four...four grandchildren, four pumpkins. I will show you how to get the designs on Friday if you are still coming.

Sharon said...

I found them! And, they are now $4 on sale. There are also pumpkin patch doggy and pumpkin patch kitty.

Candi said...

I would have sold them to you for $3...my sale is better.

Candi said...

they take a long time to embroider...but they are worth it. Isn't the pirate one perfect for Mikey?

Trish said...

i guess i should have looked at the earier posts first lol.