Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quilt for baby Chase



Here is a quilt I made for Dylan and Amanda's baby. Earlier, I posted a baby animal quilt I made for them. Well, I'm probably going to sell the baby animal quilt, because I heard that their theme is airplanes, and I found this cool airport fabric. These pictures were taken at show and tell during our latest Buckeye Machine Quilters club meeting.

The front is a pattern called "disappearing nine patch" which is the same pattern I used for Krisha's unicorn quilt. It is a very easy to do pattern that looks great when finished. The back is a panel of a play airport, and I added borders to make it bigger.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Why does everyone have to have themes for their babies? I thought the other quilt you did for them was very cute.

Trish said...

I like both of the quilts. Just because there is a theme doesn't mean they can't recieve anything outside of that theme. Not everything I got was ladybugs.

Sharon said...

But, Trish, we didn't know your theme was ladybugs until we got to the shower!

And, by the way, are you and your mom going to Amanda's baby shower? Debbie says she hasn't heard from any of our family.

Sharon said...

And, I'm going to give her both quilts. Plus a little hooded towel that I'm making for Chase.

Trish said...

I called her the same day I got the invitation in the mail. Yes I am going.

Trish said...

Oh... the invitations had ladybugs all over them, and the registries both had a note that we had a ladybug theme. Of course you wouldnt know that because you are too kewl to buy gifts. But not everyone can be as kewl as you, Sharon. =P Other people just are not as crafty as the Edwards ladies.

Sharon said...

What I thought was hilarious, on my way up north for the shower, I call Candi and I said, "I'm wearing my ladybug shirt, why don't you wear yours?" And she did!

But it wasn't because of your theme, I just thought it would be cool to wear the same shirt! I do that a lot when I go somewhere with somebody who has an identical shirt to one that I have.

And speaking of shirts, Trish, do NOT get yourself too attached to my Great Lakes Lighthouse shirt! I want it back!

Trish said...

Haha. I left it at Mom's so I wouldn't loose it in all my junk here. It is a really cozy shirt, though....