Monday, March 8, 2010

Who has this pattern?





I saw this purse pattern at Joann's last summer when she had us all over for a zipper class. I thought it was Joann that had this pattern but she says it doesn't sound familiar. ANYWAY I admire the way you all just try new things without reservation. I have always been kinda scared of doing that for fear I will screw up.

But I decided that I am going to be more like my sisters and just do it. If I screw it up, I screw it up. But i will learn something from it. (and no one will know I screwed up because you don't publicize mistakes!) So here is my first attempt at a zipper AND my first attempt at cording. I am pleased with the results, not perfect, but I think its pretty good for a first try.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I forgot to mention, if anyone decides to try this pattern, with the cording, Purchase about 2.75 yards, not the 2.5 yards it calls for in the supplies. I almost always buy extra, but didn't this time. My fix was to simply cut a coupla inches off the top handle. (thanks Krisha!)

Sharon said...

I remember that pattern, and I think it was Candi that had it, or maybe even me. Great Job, Kim.

Candi said...

I LOVE it...great job Kim! Is it lined? What did you line it with?

Kim said...

it is not lined. I wish it was. If I make another I am going to figure out some way to do that.