Sunday, April 4, 2010

Brown Eggs for Sale


As many of you know, Paul and I are raising Chickens, and we frequently have more eggs than we can possibly eat by our selves (we get between 10 - 20 eggs a DAY). So, we sell our eggs. Now, I made this sign to hang out on the picket fence in front of my quilting shop. When I'm in my shop and I have eggs to sell, I'll hang this sign out. We'll see how that goes.

The eggs are really really good, and we sell them for 1.50 a dozen. That's about the going price down here. But we saw a show about eggs on the history channel recently where they showed a guy in California who pretty much raises his chickens just like we do - free range and high quality feed. He sells his eggs for eight dollars a dozen! Down here, people would tell us to keep our eggs for that price!

4 comments:

Trish said...

8 bucks a dozen is INSANE. it costs 3 or 4 dollars a dozen for the free range ones in my local grocery stores i think. nice sign =)

Anonymous said...

Thats California for ya....the actors and actresses will pay it

Candi said...

Where in the world do you find fabric with brown eggs all over it?

Sharon said...

I found the fabric on ebay, and the seller happened to be in Caldwell, which is near me, so I asked if I could come look at all her fabric, and I got some more chickeny stuff. I made the appliqued rooster in the middle.