I made this for Pete for Father's Day. I couldn't think of anything to get him that he didn't already have and I wanted some practice free motion quilting before working on the Monkey Business quilting. It is far from perfect but I learned allot about my machine and how to do this through this project.
I used to think that you "sandwiched"the quilt sandwich inside the binding to attach it. Now I learned (through an internet video) how to do it correctly.
I embellished the crown with some teeny tiny buttons and gold beads left over from cross stitch projects.
5 comments:
It loox sew awesome, Kim! Beautiful. =)
Kim, that is sew kewl! You are really good at that free motion quilting! Did you have a lot of problems with breaking thread? I did the first time I tried it.
Let us know how Pete likes it!
And, you did an exquisite job on the applique-ing too!
Kim...You did an awesome job. That is sew cute! I just did my first applique about a month ago, sew you are way ahead of my learning to quilt pace.
Post a Comment