Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Knifty Knitter


Sew, Kim posted a project like less than 24 hours ago, and already got comments. It took forever for anyone to even notice my unicorn. :( Thanks Kim for commenting on my projects. I always look on here anxious to see comments, and really more anxious to see projects. I KNOW Sharon is working on something....COME ON SHARON...YOU ARE HOLDING OUT ON US!


OK, sew, I was concerned about having something to do on my down time at my new weekend case (while he naps)...and since I cannot tote my sewing machine with me, I have been taking small cutting and binding when I have it...but a couple days ago, I bought a knifty knitter loom at JoAnn's while I was looking for something that isn't on sale to use my coupons on....there is NOTHING that isn't on sale, by the way....


For about 4 bucks for the loom, and two scanes of $2.00 yarn (which I hardly dented)...about an hour to knit once I figured it out (took a while fiddling with the tightness of the yarn, and technique)....here is what I came up with. I hope Maggie Erin's head is a little bigger than this doll's.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have been making hats on a Knifty Knitter for years. In fact if you look back through the archives on Moose 150 , there is a picture of Zeke wearing one that I made for Tiff.

They really do turn out pretty cool and are a good way to use up scrap yarn, (which I have allot of).

Very cute BTW.

Trish said...

Awe I am sure it will fit little Maggie's head just perfectly. Very cute, Mom. =) Knitting was kind of tricky for me to figure out. But I haven't done it on a loom thing either.