Sunday, October 18, 2009

Okay, Candi, I made something too




I had made some extra Mariner's Compass blocks when I taught a class. I was making them to use as a demonstration. Trouble is, I already made a Mariner's Compass quilt, and I didn't want another one. Sew, I made this jacket out of the blocks and a five dollar Walmart sweatshirt.

7 comments:

Candi said...

I didn't comment earlier when I looked. Sew Sorry Sharon...because I know how much comments mean to us when we post new projects. I know it does to me. This is an awesome sweatshirt jacket Sharon. At first I didn't notice you put a zipper in the front. I love the mariners compass square. But then...everything you do is awesome. You are my sewing idol.

We need to think of a day long project to teach Jessica how to sew Friday, she is coming over. Something we can start and finish in a few hours. I thought maybe some type of baby pattern? WHat do you think? Or, did you already have a project in mind to bring? I guess even if you do, we can all help her out with whatever we decide to teach her....

Sharon said...

If Jessica is going to be at your house, she can do the kit I bought for her. It's a tote bag kit for beginners. It was going to be part of her baby shower gift. As a matter of fact, since I can't come to the shower anyway, I'll give her her baby shower gift on Friday.

You will be hiding the honeyberries quilt, right?

Candi said...

What a great idea....You told me you bought her a beginning sewing kit, but I am not sure if you told me what it made. That wshould be cool. I AM hiding the honeyberries, absolutely. But I did email David a picture of it.

Kim said...

I think your jacekt is very cewl. And the plaid pants really set it off!

Sharon said...

Those plaid pants are my pajamas. I had my pajamas on all day yesterday.

Kim said...

I knew that. I was just kidding you!

Trish said...

You are sew creative, Sharon!