Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Tooting Sharon's horn for her
Sharon made this quilt for Maggie and gave it to me at the baby shower (with a really cute tote bag for it). She used the Little Mermaid fabric I was sew greedily eye-balling when I visited her house (hehe). I think the bubble looking quiting pattern looks sew cewl on it. Maggie goes on this quilt for tummy-time. She hates tummy time... but she loves her tummy time quilt (I know she does even though she can't tell me sew yet). Thank you, Sharon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Don't you think you should make her do Tummy Time on an ugly old blanket that she hates, since she hates tummy time? She might grow to hate the quilt Great Aunt Sharon made for her with love.
Oh, My Gosh! I just noticed that I had used some of the purple dragonfly fabric on that quilt! I forgot about that! Now Maggie and Roxie will have quilts with some of the same fabrics!
Not only that, but some of these fabrics also appear in Krisha's quilt! Will the fabric replication ever end?
Haha Sharon. I figure if I use a quilt Maggie loves for tummy time, it will make it easier for her to bare. If I used a quilt she hates, she would hate tummy time even more! LOL! =P
What the heck is tummy time? Oh and the quilt is beuatiful, just like everything that Sharon does.
Tummy time is when you put your baby on their belly so they can exersize their neck muscles to hold their head better and to learn to crawl eventually. Because they say to put babies on their backs to sleep now it is really important to give them tummy time so that they meet all of their physical developmental milestones.
I don't understand the logic of putting them on their backs to sleep. Why is that? When MY kids were babies we put them on their sides, so if they spit up they wouldn't choke on it. Don't you worry about that?
And, I always put Dylan on his tummy to sleep!
The "experts" say that babies should be put on their backs now. It supposedly reduces the risk of SIDS. I don't think they know what they are talking about. I just dont like putting her on her belly to sleep because she puts her face directly into whatever she is laying on and it makes me nervous.
And I actually usually have Maggie more on her side than her back... paritally because I am nervous about her aspirating and partially because I nurse her laying down and she has to be on her side to do so. (Yes I sleep with my baby in the bed with me).
Post a Comment