The customer brought the quilt, and it was sew precious I was afraid to quilt it. The embroidered blocks were made years ago by my customer and her sister and two brothers! They are nursery rhyme blocks. I finished quilting it last night, and she picked it up today and LOVED my work. This is really good because she is a new customer. I'm posting a picture of one of the blocks, and the whole quilt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is a really beautiful quilt. Great job, Sharon. Your quilting makes it that much more beautiful. =)
How cool is that! I really love it. I think I may do that someday. Cross stitch the blocks and then quilt them. It is beautiful Sharon, both your work and your customer's.
I really love the way you were careful to not quilt over her embroidery. I imagine that got to be a little tedious here and there.
Oh BTW I found my Lorain lighthouse applique kit.
I looked at this quilt several times, and never made a comment. It is really awesome how you took such TLC with this quilt that was so precious to this lady. You must have been very driven to please this customer, and your own value on sentimental items probably made it very easy for you to put in the extra effort. Thanks for being you, Sharon.
It was worth the effort! This quilt won a blue ribbon at the Ohio Hills Folk Festival Quilt show in the baby quilt category!
Post a Comment