Saturday, July 4, 2009

Purple Diaper bag




A friend of mine is have a baby. She is due four weeks after me... and her favorite color is purple. So I made her this bag =) I used a purple microsuede kind of upholstry fabric, a beautiful black fabric with purple embroidery and I used a silver lining (Mom found this funny... think about it).
I used a pattern I bought at a quilt shop in Elyria when I was with Mom and Sharon... but altered the pattern to include a back panel of pockets and a zipper. (I don't like bags with big openings to not have zippers. I guess I am weird.)

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this bag, Triph. You are not only a quilter, but also a bag lady. Watch out, Vera Bradley!

Trish said...

Is it strange that I always want to say Vera Wang? Haha

Candi said...

Who the heck is Vera Wang, and what does she have to do with anything?

Candi said...

And....who is Triph?

Candi said...

By the way, beautiful bag, better than the picture. The tag is cool too, which she did not post a picture of. I helped her make a circular applique patch with my new alphabetizer and a little wax paper.

Trish said...

Vera Wang designs wedding gowns, shoes, and dishes among other things. She is a very well known designer. I always accidentally say Vera Wang instead of Vera Bradley...