

This week, Paul and I attended the Ohio Hills Folk Festival in Quaker City, Ohio. It is unbelieveable how many people come to this tiny town for this festival.
I won quite a few awards at the quilt show, but the most interesting is the first place ribbon on a quilt that I started with buying the unfinished top on Ebay and then I finished it but was unhappy with it. Sew, I donated it to a charity auction. Well, somebody bought it, and entered it into the quilt show. She has been heard explaining how she embroidered and made the quilt! In the pictures, it's the one with embroidered blocks and red white and blue ribbon between the blocks. There is no way this is not the quilt I did!
Also, I won overall "Special Recognition" for the Underground Railroad quilt pictured.
I participated in the parade last night on my bike, pulling the float I made to advertise my business. I thought I would get a ribbon for the float, but I didn't. Still, it was fun riding it in the parade
2 comments:
Sharon, your work is superb. I would have ripped that womans head off and humiliated her. What a dumb heffer.
You forgot to mention the customer quilts in the show that also won prizes. COME ON SHARON, toot your own horn a little!
Post a Comment