I made this quilt for the same couple as the purple diaper bag. I was friends with the man before he started dating her... and I wanted to make his son's quilt with him in mind. He loves riding Harleys. He loves his Lamborghini too... but good luck finding fabric with Lamborghinis on it.
I had a hard time finding fabric I liked that was harley or motorcycle themed... so I used Mom's digitizing software to create a harley shield shaped applique... and we both LOVED how it turned out. I think Mark will be thrilled with this. I used red fuzzy fabric for the backing and blue satin binding which I still have to finish hand sewing as well as sewing on the tag and taking a cloth to wipe the fabric pencil marks off the front.
Thank you Mom for your help with this project.... she helped me to quilt it and make the binding (I hate satin binding and will never ever mess with that crap again... or at least I keep telling myself that). Oh... and the shield was her idea too. (give credit where credit is due, right?)
I had a hard time finding fabric I liked that was harley or motorcycle themed... so I used Mom's digitizing software to create a harley shield shaped applique... and we both LOVED how it turned out. I think Mark will be thrilled with this. I used red fuzzy fabric for the backing and blue satin binding which I still have to finish hand sewing as well as sewing on the tag and taking a cloth to wipe the fabric pencil marks off the front.
Thank you Mom for your help with this project.... she helped me to quilt it and make the binding (I hate satin binding and will never ever mess with that crap again... or at least I keep telling myself that). Oh... and the shield was her idea too. (give credit where credit is due, right?)
4 comments:
Trish, that is just AWESOME! Do you want to be a quilter someday?
LOL I suppose I am a quilter. =)
Well...Kim informed me that this is not a real Harley quilt, because Harley colors are orange and black....just letting you know it is imperfect. You probably did that on purpose, just as we all put some imperfection in our work on purpose - to show that only God is perfect....
There is orange and black. Hence the black fabric with orange flames. Harley does have stuff in colors other than black and orange. I think I even have a pink harley tank somewhere....
Post a Comment